Implemented at the first BeeBCamp, in October 2008.
- No PowerPoint. Or any presentation software, for that matter.
- No prepared presentations. Especially not warmed-over presentations you’ve already given somewhere else.
Keep it simple. Show people your laptop screen (the groups will be small) or, even better, just bring screenshot printouts.
- No pitching. There may be commissioners there – this is NOT your chance to get funding from them. They may be running sessions later. If you’re interested, go listen.
- Discuss, interrupt, ask questions. This is a conversation, and you’re participating!
- Vote with your feet. Go on and leave a session if you’re bored. No one will feel insulted. There will be four or five others going on at the same time. No point missing out!
- Everything is on the record and bloggable, unless the session leader determines otherwise. (Blogflags will be used.) This can change minute-to minute during the presentations and discussions. Anything non-bloggable is strictly off the record. Violators will be defenestrated.
- You are required to have fun at all times. Violators will be defenestrated.